This will be an ongoing post over the next 2 weeks as we move our CDJR Dealership to a new location.
Using the opportunity to develop a Move Checklist.
**updates may get a little confusing,**
I will try to smooth it out over time.
Threw together a quick chart to get a basic organization flowing. Will need to flesh each item out and lay out a timeline.
UPDATE: AM Nov 26 two weeks till move
Added Yelp to the NAP update list. Began press release. Working on website updates, social teasers and point of sale for the showroom and service drive. Gathering assets. Notifying vendors of upcoming move with dates and address. As well as a post on the dealerships blog.
Where to upload those first piece of content ?
Google of course first and fast, but well meta’d.
UPDATE: PM 11/26 TUE
Here is where I started working on the metadata
of each piece of content going forward. Had to make sure there were signals out there for Uncle Google to hear. including the new address in everything.
And creating a FB scheduled post to count down the day till the move.
Working with pretty poor imagery to start with but it will improve quickly.
Plus I am going to travel next week to work on location and keep the info flowing. And gather may own pics and video.
UPDATE: AM 11/26 WED
It’s full on crazy trying to over come Black Friday. Our message is drowned out heavenly. It will be Monday (cybermonday) when will have to dig in full force.
Plus thanksgiving is going to slow everything down. Which is the time to build content. Prepare and lay up stores for next week push. I am also going to have to clear my plate as I am going to be in Beaufort early next week. Need to get a few tasks taken care of so they are not obstacles to getting it done in Beaufort.
Do not assume that there is not someone at the dealership tying to manage some of the same web properties that you are trying to update. Be humble, respect others efforts.
UPDATE: The day after Thanksgiving.
Looking internally now at the store and what impacts the address change will have.
The CRM is a little bit of a hole that will need some work ahead of time.
Starting with identifying any of those little places, the nooks and crannies of the system.
Of course the emails and email templates will need to have the <insert address> data updated so that it drops in the correct address.
And I am going to scrub the current templates to see it there are any hard coded with old address and rebuild those.
The forms that the CRM spits out will need updating. Quotes sheets, We Owe’s ect.. will have to updated and tested.