Facebook”s job postings are proving to be a great way to find and hire people.
Able to be very specific in what and where you are looking for. The deliverable of the job application to an email for quick follow up helps us start conversations right away with potential hires. High recommend.
Lots of seat work today– making things. Getting my photoshop time in along with some research. Gotta look at what next month will bring and start laying lining things up. Making a quick training video too.
On the road to Millegeville, GA to work at Butler Ford and Butler Honda. I will be training the Internet team. Working on the the set ups and installing Tradepending at both stores. Of course the usual sit with the GM to cover metrics, troubles problems and sore spots. Also waiting…. have been working on getting a contract ironed out with Dealer.com for a new website platform for ButlerCars.com. Coming down to the close on a very tough Febuary. Very tough.
A crushing day ahead. Multiple fluid issues. To name a few. Figuring out lead count drop. Figuring out diminished phone performance. And all the other little meteorites that are hitting my inbox.
Will be in the car a good bit today. Can do follow up calls early and then
between 4pm and 5pm.
It is the last week of the month and today is jam packed full of things to get done both in the Audi store as well as other dealerships.
Most important to do today is setting up the Phone Menu in Carwars. Right now all calls are going to sales reception. She is doing a fantastic job, but the calls are overwhelming. Especially in the morning. Really, Service needs their own reception.
Service calls are the reason behind the call menu. Press one to schedule and appointment will get you to our Service BDC. Press two to speak to a service advisor about your vehicle. This is the ugly part. Service advisers do not answer the phones. As in, they will watch the phone ring and take no action. Yes ! I know ! How do we tolerate that type of behavior? A true people problem if I ever saw one. We are really loosing money and lowering our survey scores. Press three for sales and press four for Audi parts.
A good part of my gig is fixing things. And that starts with figuring things out. Often, I am not called in or made aware until late in the problems existence. Which means I do not know everything that has been done or changed or tried.
Started getting complaints about a problem with phone calls for Service going to a different number. A wrong number.
If you are familiar with phones and dealerships, it can be a complicated, sometimes ugly and strikes fear in many.
Of course all the info I get is a text. Which is not much info at all to go on to try and fix a real bad problem.
A little sidebar.
I need to make a rule or something… if there is a problem..email or call.. do not text. I seldom see them and when I do, it’s after the fact. And they never contain enough info to actually fix a problem.
I have to start with trying to recreate the problem myself. So I call the numbers on the website… and it works. I check our call tracking ( Carwars )
and hear no problems. I ask the receptionist have they had any complaints.
I check the backend of the website ( Dealer.com) and it’s phone manager..
Still no problems.
It’s like you car is making a funny noise and when you take it in… no noise.
All the numbers check out.
Until one small bit of info drops.
It’s mobile click to call.
I get sent a screen shot of what they are trying to dial.
It is the click to call buttons on our mobile website.
(which have their own set of numbers to trouble shoot)
I tracked and listened and looked. The numbers worked.
It was not until I tried using the mobile website myself that I was able to recreate the issue.
Sure enough… calling Service on the mobile website connected you to a cruise line. EEEEK !
When I compared the number that is presented from pressing the button to
what is programed, the two are not the same.
THE PROBLEM IS IN THE BUTTON.
Not the number.
I had to jump into the website editor and take a look at the html of the site.
And sure enough. The button itself had the wrong number. Which I changed in the html and now it works.
Turns out… Service DID have a number change.
But the coding on the website was not updated.
Which is a discussion I will have with DDC later today.